A few years ago I looked into the mirror and noticed those pesky little lines and wrinkles emerging on my face, for the first time. I immediately rushed to a local beauty supply store and spent an insane amount of money on the highest quality wrinkle serums and creams. Before I even made it to my bathroom I had removed each item from its packaging, a cardboard trail followed me. I read the directions and began applying them to my face. I became obsessed. I used them like clock-work, every morning when I woke up, and every night before I drifted off to sleep, just as directed.
A few weeks passed and I noticed my face had begun drying up, and was more red than usual. It seemed like I actually had more lines and wrinkles than before! I couldn't believe it. After doing some research I learned that I was applying unnatural chemicals to my face- which were doing more harm than good. What money down the drain!
When I first started my oily lifestyle - one of the first things I looked for was an anti-wrinkle cream. Natural, gentle, effective. That's all I asked for. And behold - I found one! (There's an oil for EVERYTHING, right?) This was no different!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon grated beeswax (beeswax creates a protective layer on the skin, while still allowing it to breathe)
¼ cup jojoba oil (A great carrier oil with moisturizing properties)
¼ cup avocado oil (an excellent moisturizer that also increases collagen)
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (great moisturizing benefits mixed with anti-oxidants that will leave your skin glowing)
- 5 drops Rosemary essential oil (Acts as a toner for your skin and can remove dryness. It can also give your skin a healthy glow.)
- 4 drops Fennel essential oil (This boosts the production of the estrogen hormone. Has anti-aging, rejuvenating, and balancing properties)
- 3 drops Carrot seed essential oil (The antioxidants in this essential oil can repair a lot of the damages done to your tissues by free radicals and stop them from doing further harm. They can protect your skin from wrinkles and even help your hair from turning gray)
- 1 tablespoon rosewater (Adds a lovely smell while being moisturizing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and carries important anti-oxidants that repair skin.)
- 2 glass jugs (you can use your liquid glass measuring cups)
- Frying pan
- Glass jars to hold the finished product!
Here's what you'll do:
- Fill a frying pan with about 2 inches of water - allow water to simmer on a low heat.
- Add the beeswax, jojoba and avocado oils to a glass jug and carefully sit the first jug in the simmering water.
- Add the rosewater to a 2nd jug and sit this in the frying pan of simmering water also.
- Once your first jug of beeswax, jojoba and avacado oils have melted and blended well together - and your rosewater is warm - add Vitaman E oil to the first jug with beeswax.
- Gradually add the now warm rosewater to the wax and oils one drop at a time.
- After you have added about 1 tablespoon of the rosewater into the wax and oil mixture, remove from the heat.
- Continue to add the rosewater slowly, mixing continuously with a small whisk.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken add the Carrot, Fennel and Rosemary essential oils and mix in with the whisk.
- Divide the moisturizer into sterilized glass jars.
- Cover tightly